CMS Extends Deadline for 2015 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Electronic Health Record (EHR) Submission
CMS is extending the submission date for 2015 QRDA data submission for the EHR reporting mechanism. Individual Eligible Professionals (EPs), PQRS group practices, qualified clinical data registries (QCDRs) and qualified EHR Data Submission Vendors (DSVs) now have until March 11, 2016 to submit 2015 EHR data via QRDA file format.
A complete list of 2015 data submission timeframes is below:
- Claims data submission is ongoing though 2/26/16
- EHR Direct or Data Submission Vendor (QRDA I or III) — 1/1/16 – 3/11/16
- Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QRDA III) — 1/1/16 – 3/11/16
- Qualified Clinical Data Registry (XML) — 1/1/16 – 3/31/16
- Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) Web Interface — 1/18/16 – 3/11/16
- Qualified Registries (Registry XML) — 1/1/16 – 3/31/16
- CAHPS survey responses are fielded November 2015 through February 2016; CMS has not yet issued an exact date when all survey responses must be submitted.
Submission ends at 7:00 p.m. Central Time (CT) on the end date listed. An Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account with the “Submitter Role” is required for these PQRS data submission methods. Please see the EIDM System Toolkit for additional information.
Please know that maintenance is currently scheduled for the following timeframes:
- 2/26/2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET — 2/29/2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET
- 3/11/2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET — 3/14/2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET
- 3/16/2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET — 3/21/2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET
The Physician and Other Health Care Professionals Quality Reporting Portal (Portal) may be unavailable during these times.
Eligible professionals who do not satisfactorily report quality measure data to meet the 2015 PQRS requirements will be subject to a negative PQRS payment adjustment on all Medicare Part B Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) services rendered in 2017. Eligible professionals will also receive an additional negative payment adjustment under the Value Based Modifier Program.